12/19/12

what in the world have I been doing?

As with many of us, I haven't been posting as frequently (busy, busy), but I have been making a little something here and there as I can - here's what I've been up to.

I finished a couple of gifts - a wreath (that I forgot to take a pic of!) and this small collage piece on 5x7 canvas board (inspired by a pinterest project).

I made several activity advent calendars - I constructed a pocket on each of 24 tags, decorated them front and back, strung them with curling ribbon and tucked a little tag with an activity inside.  All the tags were then gathered onto a wide ribbon so it could hang on a door knob. I thought this might be easier than making it a wall hanging when I wasn't sure of the recipient's wall space.......

The finished advent calendar.

One set of backs - washi tape stripes, patterned duck tape, paint, shimmery scrapbook paper.

One completed set of pockets - I used scrapbook paper, recycled Christmas cards, old gift tags, washi tape, ribbon, stamps, beads, silk greenery, glitter markers and whatever else I could find.

Here's a second set with the activity tags up above.

The final set of cards.


Simple Advent Calendar
This whole project was inspired by this lovely advent calendar of pouches from Pinterest.

I included an instruction sheet with each calendar with photos of how to display it - on the doorknob, on bare branches, or 

tucked into a garland or the tree.

I wrapped the packages in kraft paper and using a stitched 'ribbon' I made from punched circles.

I made some holiday cards for some of my blogging buddies.....

and made the envelopes from book pages and washi tape or stitched edges then sent them on their merry way to bring some holiday cheer to mailboxes around the world (and hopefully to my friends :)

I love the holidays but am glad all the wrapping and mailing is done so now I can sit back, enjoy the decorations, the food and the company with no stress!  Hope you're enjoying the month too!









7 comments:

  1. You have been super busy, I loved your advent calender tags and the ways to display them. Especially loved the book pages made into envelopes! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow all your projects are beautiful, and thoughtful,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:36 AM

    So festive, I adore all that you did. Like your new signature on your photos, did you do it in PS? I have to do the same I guess one of these days. Thanks for the special Christmas wishes. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh fabulous work Terrie, I love it all. My fave has to be your gorgeous mixed media canvas though, wonderful colour combo and composition my lovely.
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Busy, busy girl!!
    I enjoy seeing all your "artsy" goodies, you are very inspiring. :]
    Thank you for sharing your creativity. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh!! You have been busy, busy, busy!! Making lovely things. :)
    Enjoy the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been super busy Terrie! So much festive beauty! Love all of your creative projects, each so personal and meaningful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!