9/8/13

some gelli play

I pulled out my gelli plate and made some new prints - here are my most successful, though there's still much practice needed to get my prints to look like what's in my head.  Still experimenting with the whole masking idea......



I think generally I'm more successful if I use less paint even though I don't get much of a ghost print then.  I do like the grunged edge (above) I get after making many prints and not cleaning the plate in between - eventually the dried paint pulls up at surprising times.

I'm sharing this with Carolyn's monthly gelli party - if you're new to gelli printing, Carolyn has videos and tips and this monthly party where lots of others share their ideas and successes.  You should check it out.


5 comments:

  1. I love my plate but still haven't tried making my own. I hope to do so this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love that top one. Great colors and a cool design, with the darker left edge. I especially like the pink horizontal striped layer.
    Think I'll get mine out and play while I watch football this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:22 PM

    I like the less is more philosophy too....less definitely works better for me on the gelli. These are great. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Terrie for the link, I am curious about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, i really like where you're going with these Terrie! fantastic layers! i saw gelli plates at the art store the other day. i've been telling myself we couldn't possibly have them for sale here in Victoria. drat! i'm going to have to crack eventually...you make it look too fun! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!