5/18/14

week 20 for 365/2 (part 2)

May 12-18

#135 - this week's MMSA theme was really fun......imitation!  It was a chance to mimic or be inspired by a favorite artist - I chose two (from many!) - Donna Watson and Rex Ray.


Donna's style is very clean with simple compositions but an excellent use of texture. I particularly like that she uses Asian elements in many of her pieces - they're just so dramatic.  The second piece of mail art is inspired by Rex Ray.  I've long enjoyed his style......simple shapes, great use of color and seemingly simple compositions.  But, as I attempted to mimic him, I discovered it's not as easy as he makes it look  :)  - I used gelli prints on the RexRay card.

#136 - more Rex Ray inspired mail art
The top card are shapes that Ray uses and painted with acrylics.  He doesn't usually use such primary colors, but I this is what appealed to me.  The lower piece uses shapes that he uses often and I cut them from my gelli prints.

#137 - I belatedly got started on my next round robin journal page - the deadline really crept up on me. This is for Laurie who picked the theme "flowers".  Drawn on watercolor paper and filled with Inktense colored pencils - I LOVE using those!
There are a couple more pages that are almost done.....I'll share them next time.

Have a fabulous, creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!