10/1/14

week 38 of 365/2 (part 1)

Sep 15-21

Was on vacation (to Whistler - will share some photos later) last week and took some art supplies with me so I could continue my efforts at daily practice (or at least 365 arty things for the year).  Didn't quite always make it daily, but I did some totally new-to-me things that were fun....

#258 -260  I wish I were better at remembering where I find my great ideas or inspiration.....On one of the blogs I follow (if it's you, let me know and I'll add your name here [found it: Valerie @ Visual Blessings]) she posted a video link to David Nicholls who has made a series of very clear videos on how to draw Celtic knots. I've always been intrigued so gave it a try. I LOVED it!  Who can I draw one for Christmas????




#261 - funky sketch attempts in my moleskin in the bar while waiting for the Seahawk game to start...


#262 - Playing with painting ideas, stamp ideas, doodles - I've never had a moleskin before and bought this one a couple years ago to see what all the hubbub was about.  I like the size, texture of the paper, and the cover with elastic to keep it closed.  I don't like the yellow paper color much - it doesn't have to be white, just not so yellow.  Anyway, more moleskin play....


#263 - I decorated a bunch of pages (washi, paint, etc) before leaving and then worked on the ones that appealed at the moment...


#264 - Sketch of a bend in the river w/ a log & rocks, etc., then a snippet of cairn beach below.


My 365 quest continues......hope you're finding time to keep playing and creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!