2/14/16

sketching chairs

OMG - I can't tell you how many times I've attempted to draw an Adirondack chair - they're HARD! That angled back, the angled seat, the slats - man oh man I've struggled.  I tried it again with my new-found knowledge and feel like I have a better result.  At least they look like chairs you could actually sit in!


It was a rainy day in Whistler when I took this photo so I tried to impart that with the paint spatters. Here's the original photo - didn't attempt the Olympic sculpture in the background.....

Dare I try to commit to a sketch a day?  I'm pretty close to doing that anyway, but do I need the pressure?  Maybe.


3 comments:

  1. Wow...you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:31 PM

    Perfect. There are lots of angles to these chairs aren't there? Look comfy too. I love them. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:15 AM

    So glad to know just what an Adirondack chair is! They crop up in American novels and I didn't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!