8/1/16

practice continues

Here's what I've been up to - practicing, practicing.


A couple more AK cruise sketches - top one, a church in Sitka, next is Creek St in Ketchikan, Sorry the scans come up with all these weird shadows. Someday I'll have to figure out how to fix that! :)

I recently finished a book on sketching and watercolor by Cathy Johnson (a couple of them actually), so that inspired me to work on trees. I love a beautiful or weirdly deformed or unusually shaped tree so my practice is encompassing some nature practice as well as buildings........




the giant tree in the neighbor's yard



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 AM

    I agree about the scan shadows - so annoying. Mine seems 'sensitive' to cold press paper surface and any slight buckling. Still nice to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:44 AM

    Nice work. We could all practice forever couldn't we, just doing the things we love. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a comment. I value what you think!